cut above the rest

Monday, June 19, 2006

a very fine delineation between healthy competition and envy

I see a very very fine, almost non-existent line that divides truly healthy competition and envy/jealousy.
A huge reason for concern in this modern world----the amount of competitive spirit that kids, in our part of the world, are being fed!!

A profoundly solid value system can only save the system.

My personal opinion : I can definitely afford to compete against my ownself, better my previous performance and aim for the stars.
But competing with my friends? And to what degree? And then, would I really regard them as friends.
Where in the world has a competitor been a true friend?

And so what are u left with --- feelings of animosity. And does this spirit spare even the members of the family? Not that I have heard of.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home