cut above the rest

Monday, June 19, 2006

my father

Have been missing my Father from the morning. I want to feel his presence, go near him, lie next to him and tell him how much I love him.
I also want to apologise to him for not being the best daughter. I don't even know whether I have even been a Good One in the least.

None of these are practically possible. I haven't seen him in 13 years. He is long gone... Gone to be with his fathers and My Father in Heaven.

Ironically today I only have as much as of a faint memory of my Dad.
He was soft-hearted, kind and a very generous man. He slogged for the welfare of the whole family, self-lessly.
He was a very obedient son, a passionate husband and a loving dad.

Was he perfect? No. He was very stubborn on certain issues. He wouldn't change even if the situation demanded it, not even for the sake of his loved ones. I would call it his weakness.

Was he recognised and appreciated for all the good that he did in his Lifetime? -----
A definite NO-NO.
Did he a get a good name after his death?
Loads and loads of Lip-service and crocodile tears-YES; anything more-NO.

Never to forget the one name that he earned as he lived and died------ A SPENDTHRIFT. (Remember this when U help members of ur not so immediate family.)

One thing that I learnt from his life---not to be as blind-foldedly generous, loving & soft as he was!!!

But as I conclude Psalm 37:25 of The Bible comes to my mind.
The Psalmist says: I was young and now I am old, yet I have never seen the Righteous forsaken or their children begging for bread.

One thing for sure, My brothers and I have not been forsaken on any ground and we have also not begged for bread. It has always been laid out inspite of very tough financial hardships.

Do I need a better Testimony than this?


4 Comments:

  • i miss my dad too :) i sometimes feel like he has traveled to a far away land... i know that he has passed away, but he still lives in my heart :) i guess your dad still lives in your heart too...

    you had a great dad, i can tell for he has raised someone like you ;) and you are a wonderful daughter, for you do remember him in such a sweet way :)

    i just want to say, be kind, be loving, be soft, and be generous, but only to those who deserve it (your family :) only few other people deserve it too... just be yourself, live your life the way you want to, and don't let others get into you, nobody is worth it ;)

    By Blogger Rain Drop, at 8:19 AM  

  • Thanks Raindrop.Ur comment is very helpful and healing.U have made me cry in a netcafe.Thanks again.

    By Blogger rowdyrascal, at 10:57 PM  

  • am extreamly sorry! i didn't mean it :(
    i truely donno how to apologize!

    By Blogger Rain Drop, at 9:55 AM  

  • No,No.It has been very helpful.Those were tears of thanksgiving and relief.

    By Blogger rowdyrascal, at 10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home