cut above the rest

Monday, June 05, 2006

an amalgam of modern and primitive art forms

And do u have any clues as to where this amalgam has taken place?? Right here on my palms. At the cost of 2 pain-staking hours.
Today I am a juxtapose of Modern, illegible, bold, vibrant and stunningly unfamiliar art form on one hand --------- Primitive, legible, plain, beautiful though boring and regular art form on the other.

Yes, I am talking about Mehendi or Henna designs on each of my palms. The designer-cum-photographer-cum-teacher worked with immense patience and reliance last night for around 2 hours to give the splendid results.

My favourite is the Modern art and his favourite is the Traditional art which is to say that the left is of my choice and the right is of his choice.
And to imagine that with such work I am going to attend a wedding and a betrothal!!

The Left is here to stay as it has deepened to a very bright red hue as can be definitely predicted and the other is a little less coloured and is sure to fade away as would the choice of art.

Boldness at its peak are my palms this day and will remain so for days to come.

But I am most thankful to my mehendi/henna-designer as he done a great job inspite of the tantrums and the perfectionist's idiosyncracy (only when it comes to applying mehendi).

He does what my mother wouldn't do!!! Apply Mehendi Designs on my Palms (and this is reason enough to bring tears to my eyes.)

2 Comments:

  • Thanks dear for this post. Your loving hubby.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:46 PM  

  • So now my photographer-cum-henna designer-cum-teacher-cum-(most importantly)husband.
    Tough job right???

    By Blogger rowdyrascal, at 2:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home